Sunday, October 14, 2012

Back In The Junction Again

It has been a long time since I posted on this blog. Why? You might ask. Or not. Whatever.

A series of events brought me to a crashing halt. My domain name expired, which I didn't know until nothing worked. I got that straightened out, but then more problems came along. My mother opted to have me provide 24/7 care of her daily needs. She just decided she wanted to lie in bed and "be served." Her doctor was really helpful: "At your age, you can do anything you want." So she did. Kept me running, I can tell you. I need not go into it all, but it became a full-time nightmare.

We were finally able to place her in a nursing home, but within a few days of "getting my life back" I suffered an accident that, 2-1/2 years later, I'm still trying to recover from. Meanwhile, two of our beloved cats expired. First Tibbs, who just collapsed and died a few hours later at the vet's.

Spike was the worst. He was one of those cats that just wriggle into you heart and wrap themselves around it. Smart, funny, endearing, empathetic (anyone got sick, Spike was there until they recovered, a steady "nurse-companion.") He had a lingering illness which the vet and I worked to identify and treat, but we never nailed it down and his heart just finally quit from the strain.

So since then I have been trying to re-imagine my business, make many changes, and in the course of time I lost track of my information to access this blog. It goes back to the domain issue: I was using an email address that was serviced through the domain, and I never got that reactivated. So there it sat: visible and a source of frustration (meanwhile I started two others) until I finally figured it out.

No-one really needs to know all that, unless someone notices the time break and wonders why it happened.

So we carry on with only one "Tuxedo" cat - Fiona is still very much alive, although sometimes you wouldn't notice it. She more than attests to the "cats sleep 80 percent of the time" rule of thumb. Trying to get her to play is a task  and anyone trying mainly gets a workout in frustration. Oh, she'll chase the thing-on-a-string every once in awhile, for maybe three minutes. Then she flops on the floor and says, "Bring it to me," and will bat at it from a reclining position as it whizzes past.

This then becomes a more personal rendering of life on the hillside. There is lots to see and a lot to ponder.

Remembering Spike:


Fiona (sleeping on shelf) and Spike, watching the snow.
 



It looks as though the formatting for this blog is screwy. Let's quit and see
if we can figure this out. Meanwhile......

Where is my book? Where is my beer?



 

 

No comments: